My second attempt to potty train Reese turned out to be an epic fail. I tried a Potty Party with Aidan, loosely based on the Dr. Phil Method (a suggestion by my friend Erin). The Potty Party did not work as planned with Aidan and I spent the next 6 months doing a lot of laundry. I figured it was a waste of time with Reese so I thought I would be able to lure her with Disney Princess paraphernalia and because we tried it before, and everyone tells me girls are easier, I thought it would be a piece of cake.
WRONG! She went only 4 times during our "Training Day" and by the next day I was so paranoid taking her out in underwear that I took her to the bathroom every 20 minutes, but she wouldn't go! The later it got in our journey out the more nervous I got and the more convinced I was that the next time would be it and she would just "get it." She never got it. We pulled into the driveway and I knew I should take her right to the loo, but instead I let her walk in the house by herself and I gathered the groceries. The second I walked in the house, there she was standing there with wet pants.
I later got a phone call that we were accepted to participate in a 3-day diaper study that paid handsomely. I decided to put the training on hold and hoped that the torture of the study would convince her that the potty is the way to go.



2 comments:
Not that you are asking for unsolicited advice but...we used a "Potty Watch" with Kate and it really helped. It has a timer and sings a little song every 30, 60 or 90 minutes (you set the timer) and it helps to remind them to go. It worked wonders for Kate and since I'm flighty and would forget to take her it was great for me :O) Okay sorry for the advice!
great idea Courtney. I was using my iphone stopwatch as an alarm, but it would be better to have her wear the watch. Which watch did you use?
Post a Comment