BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will you be my Valentine? part 1

What happens when an event planner is unemployed? She goes overboard planning a Valentine's Day themed playgroup.
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=e3a67c0891&view=att&th=126e77d517c73361&attid=0.3&disp=inline&zw
I made these t-shirts for Aidan and Reese.

I also made these mailboxes for the kids to deliver their valentines to their friends.

Here's all the mailboxes set up and ready for the party. Our original guest list included 16 kids and 8 adults. Due to illness and inclement weather, our guest list was drastically reduced. I was a little disappointed and secretly relieved as I wasn't sure how I would seat that many people comfortably.

Heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with wheat & white bread. This one was for Abe R. I always use wheat bread, but Abe dined at our house a few weeks ago and refused my wheat bread because it looked weird and had nuts in it. In my defense Abe, that was an off week and typically my wheat bread does not have nuts in it, because I do not like nuts either. I didn't want to chance it, so Evie & I made a few sandwiches with white bread, just in case. (a huge thank you to Evie for coming a few minutes early to help me set up!)

The sweets. L to R... M & M's, Frosted Sugar Cookies, Chocolate covered pretzels, and Cake Pops. Evie calls Cake Pops 'the devil.' I have to agree with her. They are delicious and because they are only a bit or two each, you think, "what's one more?" You can keep them in the freezer and they don't get frozen solid, so it is easy to grab just one more after glancing at them when you grabbing ice from the freezer.

Before eating the cookies and cake pops, we needed to eat our lunch.

Carson hid under the dining room table playing "Hide & Seek."

We took out every toy. Once again, the Batcave was the favorite. Whomever had their hands on it acted like it was homeplate and they wouldn't take their hands off of it until the ref called "safe!"

Jude. I love this shirt. You can almost see the "Mom" tattoo on his bicep through his shirt.

Now onto making Valentines.

Abe used too much glitter and his card wasn't dry when they were ready to leave, so we had to bring it to him a few days later.

Owen was concentrating pretty hard on his Valentine.

Reese put foam hearts everywhere. Two minutes later she dumped the entire bucket of foam hearts on the floor and dumped a box of sequins on the floor to finish the job.

Reese in her Valentine's Day T-shirt. Who wouldn't want to be her Valentine?
I was so exhausted after all of our guests left, I took a nap with the kids. This happens once in blue moon.


3 comments:

evie said...

it was a fabulous party!

Jennifer R. said...

It was a great party, worth every ounce of your energy for sure!

nataliej said...

Amen to the cake pops Evie!!!!