BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gold Medal Ribbon

Our friend Abe is really into the Olympics, so his mom (and my friend) Jenn, hosted an Olympics themed playgroup. She DVR'd the opening ceremonies and we watched them during the party as background noise.


 
When Jenn suggested the party, my creative juices started to flow and I figured out what I could do with all of my leftover Hanukkah candy! I glue ribbons to the gold covered chocolates, and voila, gold medals!
 
Abe won as many medals as Michael Phelps did at the 2008 Summer Olympics!

Aidan is so proud of his accomplishments at the Winter 2010 Olympics. He decided that he wants to be a bobsledder.
  
For our art project we each made the Olympic Rings Logo.


Abe, Carson, Reese & Aidan posing in front our finished artwork.

Go TEAM USA!

3 comments:

nataliej said...

This is so stinking cute! Girl, you need to write a book on crafty ideas! Love the way to do the Olympic rings and especially the medals!

Courtney said...

I'm extremely impressed with your play groups :O)

evie said...

i'm having gourley blog withdrawls...please update!