
We saw our first movie at the movie theater. My father-in-law and I took Aidan and Reese to see The Princess and The Frog.
I have been waiting for this movie to come to theaters since I first heard about it. I was surprised and excited when Nat told me he wanted to go see it too. I was a little nervous about how the kids would behave at a theater and was glad to have the additional chaperon.
The movie was amazing! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD and I know we will see it about 100 more times when it does. The kids were so well behaved. Thankfully we saw an early show and there were not a lot of people there because Aidan was really interacting with the movie. Aidan does not have another volume level other than LOUD and did not really understand that we were not supposed to talk during the film. The funniest thing he said was at the opening credits they showed the Disney logo and the castle, he shouted out, "Oh, man, Enchanted?!?, I thought we were watching the Princess and the Frog?!?" He really thought he was getting gypped! Yeah, we watch Enchanted, A LOT!
They loved the whole experience of eating popcorn in a dark theater and I loved seeing their faces when the movie came on. My first theater memory that I have is when my dad took me to see Snow White, I hope my kids remember this moment too.
Pappy, Aidan and Reese with our movie tickets.
Mmmm candy.
Waiting for the movie to start.
Aidan really enjoyed the previews.
Reese loves the movies too. I love the red booster seat. Love this feature at the theater. It made it so much easier to bring the kids to the theater.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
A Day At The Movies
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey, did dad stay awake the whole time... if not, I am sure Aidan's loud voice would not compare to dad's snoring!!! LOL!!!
Love the pictures! Isn't taking them to see a movie for the first time a blast :O) Glad it was Princess and the Frog. Kate loved it too!
How fun! I can't wait to do this with Noah. Which theater did you go to? Booster seats are a pretty sweet perk. Also, that picture of Aidan looking at the candy is hilarious.
I do believe that my father in law dozed off a couple of times. We went to the AMC in Creve Coeur on Olive, which made it more interesting. There are two theaters on Olive and we went to one theater with the showtimes for the other theater. Ooops!
which olive theater? the one by macaroni grill or the one west of 270? those seats look really nice!
tslaz - we were west of 270. it's pretty nice.
Post a Comment