I've dreamed of the day that I would have a little girl for as long as I can remember. I imagined that she would be girlie and share my love for purses...
I also hoped we could have tea together.
We could bake cookies and cakes...
We could play with dolls..
We could go to the ballet...
She would love make-up...
And we could have matching toe-nails...
This is where I went too far. Daryl freaked out and hates her toes painted. Reese loves them and every time she sees a bottle of nail polish she gets all excited and shouts - "Reese's toes, Reese's toes!" He told me he doesn't want me to paint her toes again. WHAT? I love to have my toes painted, why would I deny my little girl, who clearly feels the same. I tell him, "You can't be serious!" He was serious. Let the negations begin...
Shanna: How old do you think is acceptable for her to paint her toes?
Daryl: 10 years old
Shanna: 10 YEARS OLD, are you CRAZY? That's just nuts!
Daryl: How old do you think?
Shanna: Umm, right now. I don't think it's a big deal and she loves it so much. She's so proud of her toes, she shows them to everyone!
Daryl: 10 years old.
Shanna: Okay, okay, how about 4 years old?
Daryl: 8
Shanna: 6
(long pause)
Daryl: Fine, 6 years old.
(hand shake)
Both: Deal
Shanna: I would like the record to show that I fought for our daughter's rights to paint her toes. So, when she's older and asks why she can't, I want her to know that I did my best to get her a fair deal.
Monday, December 14, 2009
She got 6 to 10 years for her crimes
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Unbelievable! Painted toes are so cute! Now, a belly button ring would be too far, but toes? Come on!
Post a Comment