BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Section 8 Gingerbread Housing

A free holiday activity to do with the kids, I'm there.

What: Make a Gingerbread House
Location: St. Louis Mills Mall
Provided: Graham Crackers & Frosting
Bring: Candy to decorate with

I met my friends Erin and Jenn there with their kids. We each brought a smorgasbord of candies to decorate with and attempted to build gingerbread houses. I'm glad our expectations were pretty low because this was an EPIC FAIL. All of our homes should be condemned and we (the mommies) were covered in frosting.

Aidan at work. He put a lot of coconut (I mean snow) on his house.

Aidan's final product.

Reese likes the frosting.

I gave Abe a full jar of dinosaur sprinkles and told him that I really wanted to get rid of them. I said don't be shy, use them up, and he did. That boy can follow directions.

Reese's house is on the left, Aidan's on the right.
Daryl's response: "Oh, they fell down. That stinks." My reply - "that would imply that they were standing at some point."

4 comments:

evie said...

Hilarious!

Courtney said...

love the "houses" he he LOVE the main picture of your family!! what a precious family you have :O) tim just told me you had a blog. i'm so excited. would you mind if i linked it with mine?? :O)

Shanna Gourley said...

Courtney, I would love it if you linked my blog. I love following yours! Hope all is well on your side of the world!

nataliej said...

Yeah!!! I get to leave page comments now that I have a google account... I feel so... a part! Love the new family pic... Daryl is looking at you with adoring eyes and I think that is so sweet! Hey, I could bring the barn gingerbread house from our Tractor Supply store and have the kids all make it... just kidding!!!!