BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy 35th Birthday Daryl

Doesn't this look like Aidan?
Daryl at around 10 years old. Nice velour sweater and fake Rolex watch.


Daryl and his Camaro. He used to pick up the ladies in this hot rod. You can almost hear REO Speedwagon playing in the background, can't you?



Daryl and the kids now.


Today is Daryl's 35th birthday. In honor of that, here are 35 things that I love about him.

1. He is just so handsome.
2. He loves and respects his parents.
3. He gave me two of the most amazing children ever!
4. He loves city living.
5. He claims to hate soda, but will steal a sip or 10 from me anytime.
6. When he packs his suitcase, he rolls his clothes.
7. It takes him 45 minutes to get ready, but according to him, he will be ready in 5 minutes.
8. He still holds the door open for me
9. He is an amazing artist – he paints, sculpts and draws
10. He brought me to New York
11. He will tell me if something looks bad on me
12. He is 4 years older than I am
13. He no longer gets upset when I fall asleep during movies.
14. I love his signature. It took him years to perfect it.
15. He still has a t-shirt from Germantown High School. He wears it sometimes even though it is falling apart.
16. He knows dates and places of all the wars and other random history facts
17. He reads my People and Us Weekly magazines and has beat me many, many times in Pop Culture Quizzes.
18. He changes "code brown" diapers.
19. He taught Aidan to say "drop a duce!"
20. He makes up his own lyrics to songs. Aidan is following in his footsteps.
21. He eats all the cookie dough pieces out of the ice cream and then leaves the rest for me. (This one should probably be on a different list)
22. His shoes are always shined and his belt always matches his shoes – thank you Grandpa Roam and the Marines Corp.
23. He smacks my bottom whenever he gets a chance, which is usually at a totally inappropriate time.
24. He paints and draws with Aidan & Reese.
25. He teaches Aidan how to wrestle, even though Aidan will play soccer and baseball.
26. He stirs his coffee with a butter knife, not a spoon.
27. He loves to ride motorcycles and does not pressure me to ride with him because he knows that will never happen.
28. For the sake of our marriage, he is slowly trying to get sushi back into his diet after an unfortunate incident at I HEART MR. SUSHI.
29. He calls or sends me a text just to tell me how much he loves me at random times.
30. He loves to dance at weddings
31. He can do the "worm." He almost broke his nose at Adam & Jen Berton's wedding, but did not retire "the worm."
32. He introduced me to two of my very good friends, Melissa and Evie
33. He loves his nephews and my nephews and makes it a point to spend time with them when we can
34. He holds my hand
35. He loves me for who I am
Happy Birthday, Baby. I love you!

2 comments:

evie said...

Oh! I love love love this! So sweet! You did get a good man! Happy Birthday Daryl!

Rebecca Roam said...

AWWW This is so sweet! What a cute idea. I may have to steal this one and use it on Brent. Of course, I would have to come up with a LOT more reasons. haha (38, get it)