BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Good Investment

I took the kids to McDonald's the other day and was surprised to see that Beanie Babies were the Happy Meal Toy. Are Beanie Babies making a comeback? Why was I not notified?

Circa 1997, I was obsessed with getting the entire collection of McDonald's Beanie Babies (10 at the time). I accomplished this lofty goal and turned a little profit. I would like to remind Colleen about our one hour drive to sell said McDonald's Beanie Babies collection. Shameful, but true, a woman paid me $375.00 in cash for this collection.

I also acquired several others including Tabasco the Bull, which at the time was going for a pretty penny. I was careful not to damage the tags and I kept them all in excellent condition. My reasoning for jumping on this bandwagon???? My words were, "It was a good investment." Ironic, considering Daryl works as a financial advisor now.

Fastforward to my trip to McDonald's with the kids this week... when I opened the plastic package to give Reese and Aidan their Beanie Babies, Reese immediately want to rip that little heart tag right off. My first instinct? NO, NOT THE TAG! Then I realized that these little bean creatures are worthless. Go ahead Reese, pull that tag right off, and she did.

2 comments:

The Flegel Family said...

omgosh...when I looked at the picture of Aidan at your friend's reception, I literally thought I was looking at Ryan! Wow, they look alike from that picture. I will find a picture to send you.

Glad you are doing great and the kids are beautiful!
xoxo

Rebecca Roam said...

Ha! This is a really funny read.