BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 6, 2009

What exactly is the big deal about Trader Joe's?


I still don't know. I've been hearing about this magical place for a few years, I've driven by it several times and yet somehow I have never been there.

Until a few weeks ago...

On an outing with Evie, she mentioned that she needed to go to Trader Joe's and asked me if I wanted to go with her. Sure, why not. Afterall, here was my chance to see what all the fuss is about. I was a little excited and thought it would change my life.

Upon entry I found the cutest little grocery carts for kids. I didn't have a shopping agenda, so I thought it would be fun and harmless to let Aidan & Reese use the mini-carts while Evie shopped. I snapped some photos and was so thrilled with my decision - they were so cute and were having so much fun! BIG MISTAKE!

The cuteness lasted all of 2 minutes. I spent the rest of our trip chasing after each of them (who were both going in different directions), making sure they didn't crash into the ankles of old ladies and removing the items that Aidan was putting in his cart - because he was ready to shop. They both bought pumpkins and we waited in the entrance for Evie to finish her shopping list.

I know everyone loves this place, but I don't think we will be going back anytime soon. Oh, and the aforementioned pumpkins molded in less than two days. Like I said before, what is the big deal?

2 comments:

Marisa Eash said...

HAHA! Too funny. I agree AND whose idea was it to have those kiddie carts? My child would not stay to shop with me.

evie said...

Oh my gosh! My heart is breaking a little right now. I love Trader Joes. Such affordable organics! Stick your kids in a normal sized cart and try it again! YOU HAVE TO!!!