The Friday before Thanksgiving was the annual Macy's Christmas Open House and Christmas Tree Lighting in Downtown St. Louis. I was so excited and looking forward to the event and knew that the kids would be so much more into Christmas this year. For all of you Twilight people, this was also the release of New Moon and I had already agreed to watch Noah so that Evie could have a date with Matt, her hubby. I thought we would miss out on meeting Santa until Daryl suggested we take all of the kids to the Open House. Of course! Brilliant! Evie will get to have her date night and torture Matt (I mean Matt will enjoy the movie with her), and the rest of us can meet Santa!
Our friends Marisa and Kyle joined us with their kids Preston and Claire. We missed the tree lighting, but Daryl assures me that it will look the same for the rest of the season, the lights will be on. Yeah, thanks!
Claire, Kyle, Marisa, and Preston.
It was good times had by all. We enjoyed cookies, popcorn, and a quick ballet. We also saw Fred Bird, our favorite. I had to snap a picture of Noah with Fred Bird for his mom and dad. Fred Bird drove my stroller around Macy's. Noah was not impressed.
Now, for the mother of all meetings... Santa. I was completely unprepared for what happened next.
We've sat on Santa's lap in previous years, but this year, Aidan finally knew what he wanted for Christmas and he was ready to tell the man with the bag all about it. Reese wanted no part of it, like her mother she freaks out at the sight of people dressed in costumes. Maybe she'll come around next year or by the 13th of December (we're having breakfast with him).
Noah also declined to sit on Santa's lap and I did not push the issue because Evie was already sad that we were taking her little man to meet Santa for the first time. No harm done.
When Aidan finally go his turn he chatted up with Santa. He told him all the things he wants...
- A Sock Monkey Jack in the Box
- A Watch
- Nerf Gun
- Monster Slippers
Nothing a frosting covered cookie won't heal.

2 comments:
I really appreciated you guys including Noah in your plans! Wish we could have been with you, but Edward couldn't wait any longer. He was desperate to see me. Love the pic of Noah with Red Bird...is it Fred Bird? I'm confused!
His name is Fred Bird. Here's his bio... http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/fan_forum/fredbird.jsp
Post a Comment