I attempted to make Turkey cookies for Thanksgiving, but as it turns out they looked more like mittens. I am usually a very good baker, I don't know what happened. As my friend Melissa I. would say, think of this as a science experiment and figure out what the variable is.
This is not the first baking disaster that has occurred at my mother-in-law's house. I figured it out...I can blame it all on her Vanilla. She works in the Foreign Missions Division and missionaries bring her back all kinds of goodies from across the border or across the pond. One such gift is the purest Vanilla you'd ever want to taste or smell. It is pretty strong stuff and she swears by it. I think it my nemesis.
The cookies were delicious, but they were the ugliest cookies ever.
Shake, Shake, Shake Seniora...
Looks more like a mitten than a turkey, right?
Aidan learning to frost his own cookies.
Aidan samples his work of art
This is how many sprinkles Reese feels are necessary for a delicious cookie.
Yummmmm sprinkles.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Happy Mitten Day to You
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 7:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my! This was a great post. Seriously, that was some purple passion from the sprinkle department on R's cookie. Did you use the thin frosting? The "glaze" enemy of mine or did you use the creamy recipe?
Creamy recipe all the way! No more glaze for me. Do you make your cookies? How did they turn out?
Those cookies were delicious! I think you should make some "Christmas" cookies and bring some to us! Actually, why don't you come over this week and we can make them together? You can teach me your tricks.
Post a Comment