I did not know that Evaporated Milk could expire. I thought that stuff lasted forever. Not so much.
While preparing this year's pumpkin pie, I found that indeed, even Evaporated Milk can curdle.
I opened two cans of Libby's Pure Pumpkin and then added a can of Evaporated Milk to the pumpkin. But something just didn't look right and I almost threw up. I've always been a little freaked out about canned milk so I thought it was just me. The second can of milk was chunky and for kicks I checked the date on the can. Best used by 2007. Ooops! A quick check of the calendar in my head and I realized that this can of milk had missed its destiny over two years ago. Now how about the first can? Best used by 2008. Not bad, only a year late, hence less chunkiness in that one.
I headed back to the store for more pumpkin and milk. When I returned, Reese helped me prepare the new, non-poisonous pies. Whew! Thanksgiving is saved!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Pumpkin Pie Take Two
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is such a good pic of Reese!
Post a Comment