BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Na na na na na na na na BIRTHDAY!

Aidan's 4th birthday party was this past Saturday. For 363 days, Aidan has been asking for a Batman Birthday party. Aidan's obsession with Batman has been growing along with his admiration for my uncle Jeff, who has also been obsessed with Batman since he was Aidan's age.

I've had a while to prepare for this party and I wanted it to be cool and fun. I spent several months searching for vintage Batman decor and then it hit me... my uncle Jeff has been collecting this stuff for years (I won't reveal his age, mostly because he is stuck at age 26 in my mind). I called my uncle and asked him if he would let me borrow a few posters and figurines. He heard "please bring a Rubbermaid tub full of Batman stuff and tons of posters." I was so glad because I loved all of the vintage Batman stuff and the movie release posters helped set the scene.


Capes for each of Aidan's guests (the kids only, of course).
Reese and Carson.
I sewed sequins onto Reese's Batman shirt to make it "girlie."
We finally convinced Finni to wear her cape.
Uncle Jeff offered to wear his costume to the party, which he did not rent, he owns this costume.
 All the other kids were terrified by "Batman." Aidan knew it was Uncle Jeff, but I'm pretty sure he thinks that Uncle Jeff is the real Batman.

I really wanted to take a photo of all the kids in their capes standing next to "Batman," but none of the other kids would get anywhere near him. Including Mateo, who is hiding under the sand table.
Cupcakes with Batman Logo toppers.
Some of the Super Hero Treats. The M&Ms are actually pretzel M&Ms, if you haven't tried these yet, you must! They are FANTASTIC. What a perfect combo, why haven't they done this before?
Catwoman Cheese Balls. Aidan specifically requested Cheese Balls, I didn't know these were still on the market.
 Time for presents! Notice all of the Batman stuff on the fireplace mantle.

Making our Super Hero Masks.
Abe's mask. His mom told me that he and his brother wore their capes and mask for hours after Aidan's party was over! Abe said this was the best party EVER, and he is one tough critic.

2 comments:

nataliej said...

Wow!!!! This looks like an incredible party... one that will be hard to top! Wish we could have been there!

Unknown said...

How creative! I love the capes :) I crack up every time I read "I think he really thinks Uncle Jeff is Batman"