BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Artist At Work

Aidan received a set of sidewalk paint for his birthday and I was hesitant to let them play with it. I knew it would be a mess, but it had the magic words on the packaging "WASHABLE." It took a little (okay, a lot) of coaxing on Daryl's part, and I finally let it go.

I'm so glad I did because the kids (especially Reese) had so much fun painting.

Like father, like daughter.

I'm learning to let the kids be kids and worry about the mess later. It's a slow process for me, but I'm taking baby steps and it's nothing that baby wipes and Tide won't fix.

2 comments:

nataliej said...

I'm surprised Daryl didn't join them! What a fun time... I would have loved it! I too am trying to bless the mess!

evie said...

i have the same issues! sometimes i don't even want to give noah yogurt or applesauce because i dread the mess. i need to get over it. bravo to you!