I took Aidan and Reese to Chicago for the weekend for my nephew Tristian's birthday party. I knew it would be an adventure. We stayed with my uncle Jeff (aka Batman) and aunt Jill.
I've been craving a Chicago-style Italian Beef forever! Their french fries are also amazing and I usually get the hotdog, but for some reason, the Beef spoke to me.
My cousin Kelsey is a licensed hair stylist and she offered to cut and color my hair while I was in town. What a treat!! I was so excited and so proud of her for gaining the skills to do something that she loves doing for a living and I loved reaping the benefits. She did a fantastic job on my hair! She also gave Aidan a quick cut. It was great to be able to see her in action!
Birthday present time at Tristian's party. All the kids flocked to the center of the room as soon as they heard the tearing of the wrapping paper.
Brian and Kelsey at Kobe Steakhouse.
Jill & Jeff at Kobe.
Jeff tried to feed Reese her Goldfish Crackers with chopsticks.
Aidan, Shanna & Reese ready for the chef to start the show! Reese freaked out when he set the table on fire, but I clapped and got really excited about it and she got the picture and loved the whole scene! She clapped and Aidan ended up catching the shrimp in his mouth!
Aidan loved the "red sushi" as he calls it. Most of the time he won't eat steak at home, but he ate more than half of my filet minon that night. Little man has good taste, what can I say? He also likes his steak medium rare. On our last day, we visited with my Papa and Nana. I always love visiting them, they are so much fun! I brought them Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. This is another treat as I haven't had it since I moved from New Jersey almost 4 years ago.
We had such an great trip. I loved seeing my family, celebrating Tristian's birthday and on the way out of the city, I took the long way and drove through downtown Chicago just because I love it.











2 comments:
i have got to get to chicago! looks like good times!
You look so beautiful in these pics my sister! Glad you had so much fun!
Post a Comment