BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou...


It was a great surprise to get a phone call from my brother at 3pm on Sunday, the day before Labor Day to let me know he was coming to St. Louis - that evening! Yikes! As someone who likes to be prepared for guests, I rushed around my house tidying up and prepared to fire up the vacuum while I was still on the phone with him getting what little details I could from him.

My brother Gideon and his girlfriend Heather arrived late that same day and we got together for dinner at the diner across from our apartment on Tuesday night. I was so thankful for this opportunity to get to know him and Heather better. We've lost touch over the years and it was so nice to be able to have one-on-one time with them. Aidan and Reese also loved spending time with them. Aidan won Heather over and convinced her to read him a story over and over and over again.

Heather and Aidan. Heather must have read that book 3 times.


Reese with nursery that my sister Emily gave her for Chanukkah last year. We couldn't get it home from Chicago, so Gideon & Heather brought it with them.

Gideon and Heather spent the week sight-seeing in St. Louis and Daryl & I had dinner with them again on Friday night - this time without the kids. We at a delicious Italian/Greek restaurant and had Gyro Pizza (a combo that I never even imagined). It was so delicious, it literally changed my life.

During our dinner, Gid & Heather told us about how they met, talked about the future and I really got to know them better. Daryl and I could both see how good Gid & Heather are together. I'm so happy for them.

0 comments: