BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

No shirt, no shoes, no service...

I do not like naked people, I do not like naked children. My friend Lisa thinks this is hilarious. Part of the running joke is that her daughter Finni loves to be naked and frequently is in this state during playtime. It makes me extremely uncomfortable and it makes Lisa laugh. The ironic part is that Finni has the best wardrobe, but would rather be naked.

We spent Labor Day at Finni's house. I made cupcakes for the occasion and on the way up in the elevator, Daryl dropped the cupcakes and my work of art were smashed to bits. Lisa promised they would still be delicious and I just stared in disappointment.

Reese didn't think the cupcakes tasted bad after being dropped.


Aidan, Reese and Finni (pre-nakedness).

Finni started the evening in a beautiful dress and all we were all having a good time. The adults were chatting about Healthcare Reform and other current events, the kids were playing in the sandbox and practicing their sharing skills. We ate hotdogs and chips and we were just about to bring out the cupcakes when I noticed that Finni was completely naked. Like an eclipse, I couldn't look right at her.

Naked Finni enjoying a cupcake. Notice the strategic placement of the cups to conceal the nakedness.

I'm not exactly a free spirit, I know, shocker! As infants, I didn't even take my kids out in just a onesie, never just a diaper and they definitely did not walk around naked. We were always fully dressed and almost always had a pair of shoes on too. This is Finni's way and Finni's house, so I just try to go with the flow. It is obvious that I am extremely uncomfortable and Lisa and Daryl just laugh at me.

Daryl proceeded to tell Lisa and Ray the story about the time that I visited him at The Art Student's League in New York. I didn't realize that a class was going on and thought he was just bringing me around to show me some of his work. As he was showing me his current project I notice a model (a NAKED model) out of the corner of my eye. I told him, "I'm out of here!" and I bolted towards the exit. I DO NOT like naked people.

0 comments: