BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Touch and Go...

Reese's favorite character is Cinderella and she carries this 3" Cinderella figurine around with her. While playing at Evie's house Reese broke out into hysterics. It might come as quite a shock, but my children are very over dramatic. I went over to Reese to find out what the problem was she showed me Cinderella in one hand and Cinderella's head in the other hand. Reese was beside herself and I told her I would see what I could do and that I was sorry for her loss. I put Cinderella and her head in a ziplock baggie and purchased superglue on my way home. Cinderella reported for surgery later that evening.

Cinderella pre-op.

Dr. Mom post-op. I superglued my finger to Cinderella during the procedure.

Oh crap, now what? I yelled to Daryl to bring me q-tips and nail polish remover - STAT!

Daryl assisted in trying to unfuse me from Cinderella. It took a long time and at one point a laughing Daryl gave up and left me to finish the job. If you've ever glued yourself to anything, you know that it hurts and that you cannot just pull your skin off or you will literally pull your skin off! I slowly tried to administer more nail polish remover while I continued to slowly peel my skin away. I started to panic because it didn't seem to be working.

After 30 minutes I was finally free from Cinderella.

As a result, my fingerprint is permanently on Cinderella's tush and I'm sure the remnants of superglue will come off my fingers over time.

Both Mom and Cinderella were expected to make a full recovery until Cinderella lost her head again this evening. I must replace Cinderella instead of further operations, next stop Ebay.

1 comments:

Marisa Eash said...

Holy! I would have been FREAKING out if my finger got stuck! There is no way I would have made it 30 minutes without crying and asking about calling a doctor for what to do. Nice work on the Cinderella rehab.