BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lady of Leisure - The Sequel

September 15, 2009 -

Once again, I am a lady of leisure - a little more than one year later that the last time I was laid off. The economy being what it is I am not as confident as I was the last time that my "dream job" is just waiting for me right around the corner. I'm trying to be positive and I know that this downturn will lead to something great, but when that "something great" is nowhere in sight, it is really hard to maintain the positive outlook.

The one positive is that I will get to spend more time with Aidan & Reese. They will no longer be in daycare and in a few weeks I am officially a Stay At Home Mom. This is a role that I never thought I would play. I have no training and there is no career path. I have no clue how to do this job, but I will take lessons from my other mom-friends who are very successful at this and I will have tons of on the job training. My career goals for this job - enjoy this precious time with my children, help them grow and prepare them for the future. I hope I get a good review.

1 comments:

evie said...

You will/are great! And hope this doesn't burst your bubble, but being a stay-at-home mom doesn't qualify as being a lady of leisure. That would take lots of money and no children! We've got a good 20 years to go before that happens.