BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

6/6/09: Green Acres is the Place To Be...

Farm livin' is NOT the life for me.



I love my sister-in-law, Natalie and I can appreciate HER love for country living. I stress that it is HER love for country living, NOT mine. I am SO not made for the country. In fact, I think I may be allergic to the country. In the words of the great and fashionable, Liz Pruitt, "I'm a city slicker, through and through."


On our way back to St. Louis from Orlando, we detoured to visit Natalie, my brother-in-law Tim, and my nephews Guy and Levi. They live in a gorgeous house that they built together. You can see Natalie's style in each of the beautifully decorated rooms of the house. It is so cozy and warm (on the inside). Outside there are bugs and frogs and dirt - not my idea of a good time.



As soon as we arrived, we brought the kids to the backyard. Within the first few minutes, Reese was attacked by a dragonfly and freaked out! Her scream reached a pitch that I wasn't even aware exsisted!







The one thing that Reese really loved about their house was Lillie, their horse. Tim brought Lillie from the barn and Reese immediately wanted to go over to her. She was probably wondering where Lillie's carriage and coachman were because the handsome cabs are the only horses we ever see! Reese was a natural! She wanted to ride Lillie! I couldn't believe that she wasn't scared! Tim lifted her up onto his lap and they rode the horse all over and Reese loved it.







Aidan on the other hand loved hanging out with his cousins and experiencing all that country livin' has to offer. The boys searched for frogs - which I now know pee all over you when you pick them up. Excellent. Here's Aidan with one of the frogs. If the picture was clearer you could see the eyes popping out of the frog's head because Aidan was squeezing him. If this had sound you could hear the frog begging to have his life spared!



The boys put all the frogs in a bucket and even a lizard and some other creature got in there too. Again, excellent.



Later we enjoyed dinner together and celebrated Tim's birthday. Reese and I helped Natalie water her flowers and we got eaten alive by more bugs. After I couldn't take it anymore - which as it turns out was not a very long time, we went back in to the house.



The boys decided that they wanted to sleep in the tent in the living room but they were too excited and didn't want to go to sleep. Diana even got into the tent to try to get them to go to sleep - sorry I wasn't able to get a picture of that. In the end it was too hot in the tent and they ended up in Guy's bedroom.







All in all - great family fun, but I can't wait to get back to my loft!

0 comments: