BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

6/4/09: All Good Things Must Come To an End...

Today is our last day in Florida. We'll be heading back to Hotlanta for some more toilet fun tomorrow. All in all it was a wonderful trip. Many great discoveries were made:

  • Nat and I disagree on how amazing his driving skills are. I do not wish to read the VIN number on every car we are driving behind when he is at the wheel.

  • Diana is terrified of rollercoasters – even though she is on the ground and has no intention to ride one.


  • Reese HATES to swim

  • It is nearly impossible to get a tan at the pool or beach when you have children. I have accepted the fact that I will have dark (or lobster red) shoulders and arms and the rest of my body will be albino. No more reading People Magazine or Martha Stewart Weddings magazines at the beach/pool for me – have to make sure that the turkeys don't drown, drink pool water or eat sand.

  • Reese believes that every time we stop the car it is time to eat.

  • Aidan loves hotel living and never wants to leave.


  • After a week with their grandparents, my kids are so spoiled that you can probably smell them from where you are sitting. I'm learning to let it go. My mom spoils them, Nat and I Diana do it, I know it comes with being a grandparent, but grandparents – you are the same people that made us finish our vegetables before letting us have dessert and made us go to bed early. Our kids do not eat in the car, but I looked back and Reese was holding her hand out proudly expecting more Almond Joy from Nat. Another incident - the kids had white powered donuts all over their faces, hands and car seats. Not acceptable. Can't wait for reality to set in when we get back home.


  • Aidan loves his cousins! He and Reese had so much fun playing with Asia, Nathan, Jasmine, and Ashlyn. We enjoyed visiting John Mark's church on Sunday and then went to their house afterwards to swim. The kids played so well together, it seemed like they had always been friends.

  • The DVD player in the minivan is a lifesaver. I don't know how we would have made the trip without it!

  • Although it is completely practical, I still stand by my original thought on minivans – they are just not cool!

  • Once again, my Phil & Teds stroller has proven to be the best investment we ever made.

  • I was excited to go home, but we didn't have enough time here to do all the things we wanted to do!

Today the weather forecast predicted afternoon showers so we decided to make the most of the morning and head over to SeaWorld. I had been to SeaWorld with Kelsey, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Jill and my grandfather over 10 years ago, and I couldn't wait for Aidan & Reese to see the Shamu show!


We caught a live Elmo show – I couldn't believe how mesmerized the kids were. I also couldn't believe how many parents were purchasing those glow sticks. I guess a sucker is born every minute at these theme parks. I have purchased my fair share of junk in my day, but come on people. Does "little Johnny" really need a toxic glow in the dark stick that costs $10 and will last for only 10 minutes. I guess at an average cost of $1 per minute to keep "little Johnnie" quiet it must be worth it. My kids were too focused on watching Elmo and friends to worry about the glow sticks – that or they are too young to know what they are. Either way, I'll take it!


They loved Shamu! We didn't end up sitting in the "soak zone" and I am so glad. We got to the show early and we had plenty of time for snacking – thankfully this time, I was smart enough to bring my bag with the snacks. Because I had my bag with me and Diana and I couldn't afford to ruin our hair, we decided to not sit in the "soak zone." We still enjoyed the show and managed to stay dry.



I wished my uncle Jeff was with me this time because they now have two really crazy roller coasters there and he would have loved them. We didn't ride anything for two reasons – the kids are obviously too little and Diana was terrified of the coasters. You could hear the thrill seeker's screams as they would fly right over your head. Aidan thought it was awesome and he squealed with excitement. I thought Diana was going to pee her pants each time they flew past us. I can't wait until Aidan is old enough and tall enough to ride, but it might be a while for these carnies.

1 comments:

Ellenrie said...

Shanna: Thank you for making me laugh today. I needed to laugh and remember there is humor with small children.

Love you,

Ellen