Saturday, April 3, 2010
Easter Egg Hunt #3
Our 3rd (and not final) Easter Egg Hunt of the season. Our friends the Starks invited us to go to an Easter Egg Hunt hosted by their church, The Journey in Tower Grove Park. Having learned from my previous mistakes, I got really nice baskets for Aidan and Reese, a baseball for Aidan and one with a tutu for Reese.
We met the Starks at their house and thought we would walk over to the park together. All parties were running a few minutes behind schedule, but the park was just a few blocks away, so we thought we would be there in plenty of time. We left their house together and headed over to the park figuring that we would find the Egg Hunt with no problem. As we got further and further into the park there was no sign of our hunt and after phoning a friend we found out that it was on the other side of the park. I was determined that my kids would not miss this so I started running.
Let me just remind you if you don't already know this, but I am NOT a runner. I wish I was a runner. I am jealous of people that own running shoes and know how to use them. I want one of those watches that clocks your pace and all that jazz. My husband runs, my best friend runs. I am jealous of them.
This particular morning I was definitely not dressed for running. I was wearing jeans, a pressed three-quarter sleeve black shirt, a six strand beaded necklace, and Sketchers (these are not sneakers, people, they are just for show). When I started running, I didn't think of anything except for the looks on Aidan and Reese's faces as they were collecting eggs. I also thought about how this would be Noah Stark's first Egg Hunt and we were not going to miss it! I started running with the stroller and with my diaper bag on my bag. I must have looked ridiculous, but I didn't care. The whole group started running, eventually Daryl and Matt took over the strollers and Evie and I continued running. At one point we lost the boys because they were so far ahead of us, but we kept going. We came upon what we thought was our Egg Hunt, and I ran into the middle of it like I was the best mother ever! I just ran all the way to make sure my kids got the eggs. Oops, this was not our hunt and everyone was looking at me and I just felt defeated for a moment until we saw our Hunt at the next pavilion. We made it. As Evie and I were catching our breath, the guys told us that our hunt was starting in 10 minutes. Evie and I did it, we ran, our kids would be able to hunt for eggs and we burned a few calories. Did we burn enough to steal a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup from the loot? Maybe we better not.
Probably the scariest looking bunny I have ever seen. Most of the kids were screaming in terror. I was silently screaming too.
And Evie was worried that Noah wouldn't know what to do. He catches on quick with his dad's (Matt) help.
We ran into our friend Alex.
Reese is a professional at collecting eggs at this point. She was skilled enough to do it while holding her pink basket and purple purse. She's been carrying this purse everywhere since she got it.
Aidan is one cool egg collector.
Reese couldn't wait to sample one of her Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
One more balloon for Parker.
I know bubbles make kids so happy, but why are they so messy? Why does my daughter think that turning the bottle upside down is the best way to get the wand out?
Aidan gives Noah a few pointers on how to blow bubbles.
Our little family photo.
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment