I wish I recycled more and I'm really trying to reduce my carbon footprint, that's what the kids are calling it these days, right? In all seriousness...I'm trying to make little changes that I'm comfortable with... I will not be an overly obsessed totally Green person, it's just not me. I won't rent "An Inconvenient Truth," and I probably won't drive a Prius. I will use a reusable water bottle-this is probably because I'm sad that I can no longer get Poland Spring Bottled water so I'm just drinking ice water in my hot pink insulated cup these days. I have plastic sandwich boxes and containers that I keep in my lunch bag for Aidan and Reese's Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches and Cheese-Its instead of using plastic baggies daily. I like to collect the reusable shopping bags from different stores - I love the different colors of the bags and the logos. I need to be better about remembering to take them to the store when I grocery shop.
Everyone is going Green, including the St. Louis Cardinals.
I was invited by my friend Tim to volunteer with my former colleagues on opening day to recycle. A chance to go to opening day? A chance to work at the Stadium? Are you serious? This was a dream come true for me, now I can check two things off my list of things to do before I die. Tim and I were there nice and early and as they say the early bird gets to pick the best section to work at... We were right behind the Cardinal dugout, the best "seats" I will probably ever have.
My experience taught me two things...
1. People waste a lot of money. Each beer bottle costs $8.00. I lost count of how many half empty bottles of beer people tried to hand to me to be recycled or I found them on the ground or in the cup holder. At $8.00 a bottle, why don't you want to finish it?
2. There are a lot of things to be recycled at events like this. In between innings we walked up the aisles collecting bottles and cups and tried to collect more at the end of the game. We collected as much as we could, but there was so much more.
I had so much fun and I would do this again and again.

Earth Day Cake Pops
Aidan enjoyed a cakepop.
After all that playtime Reese and Noah took a break to watch Veggie Tales. Aidan and Reese love to come to Evie's house to watch Veggie Tales. Those vegetables really annoy me, so they really only get to watch it at her house. Evie thinks they are really funny and likes how they poke fun at pop culture. I said they were a really religious/very G Rated version of South Park.




1 comments:
i just saw this post! not sure how i missed it! thanks for the shout out, and i have been forgetting my bags a lot recently. i get so mad at myself when i do that. woo-hoo for going green!
Post a Comment