
Aren't we a little patriotic?
The Labor Day parade goes by our apartment and we couldn't miss it (sense the sarcasm). I love the working man/woman like the next guy, but this was the most boring parade I've ever been to, TWICE (we went last year too).
Why do we go? It's free entertainment for Aidan and Reese. They love parades and love all the FREE candy that the parade people throw at them. I let them eat the first piece of candy and then we started a little collection in the stroller. As they collected more candy, they continued to shove it in the stroller and we started to run out of room rather quickly. When I wasn't looking, Aidan would turn his back on me and try to unwrap his secret loot. I caught him almost every time, except one made it through.
Reese's favorite... the powdered donut. Hostess wants Reese to buy American!
Hey little girl...want some candy?
After the parade Aidan and Reese took a nap. During the nap I was smart enough to remove the candy from the stroller and I will be taking it to my office. As soon as they woke up from their nap, they immediately searched the stroller for their candy stash. Lucky for me they have a short attention span and they moved on to something else after they couldn't find the candy. Yes, I realize that was mean of me, but I want to keep all of their teeth.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Give us more candy...oops, I mean Happy Labor Day!
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment