As we continue to celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary, here is a list of wedding gifts I still cherish:
1. The COLANDER given to us by Colette. Daryl posed for a picture with it on his head when we opened it the day after our wedding. We now use it often for culinary masterpieces such as Spaghetti, Macaroni & Cheese and Cheese Ravioli
2. The METAL TISSUE BOX give to us by Jennifer (Cohan) Kalteaux. It is always filled with a tissue box and because it looks so cool, it doesn't matter what the box inside looks like. Although it must be plain tissues because Daryl is allergic to the ones with Lotion, Aloe or other fancy products. This went unnoticed for almost 2 years as I continued to buy the fancy tissues until Daryl finally set me straight.
3. Set of 10 GLASS MIXING BOWLS. We got two sets at my bridal shower and I can't remember who they were from. I think one was from Aunt Margie and the other was from Aunt Jill or Aunt Peggy. When we registered, I HAD to have these bowls. There are 10 glass bowls and they keep getting smaller and smaller and the smallest one is teeny tiny. Daryl thought they were useless, but I HAD to have them. I use them all the time and I always put Ketchup, Honey Mustard or any other dipping sauce in the smallest one. They always come in handy on Taco Night!
4. DRESSER. My Uncle Fred gave us money that we used to purchase a dresser from Gothic Cabinet Craft in Brooklyn, NY. It was our first piece of "adult furniture" and the first piece that we purchased together. Gothic Cabinet Craft sells unfinished pieces of furniture, so we picked out the stain and spent a weekend sanding and staining it together. It was a great team building exercise until I realized how messy Daryl is with the stain and vowed to complete all future wood staining projects myself. Yes, Daryl I do intend to stain the cabinets that you installed in our bedroom.
5. WHITE DOVE CANDLE from Christie and Drew Wright. As we were preparing to take our vows, we decided that we would always communicate with each other and if the "you know what" was really hitting the fan we should have a symbol (like a candle or something) that one of us could put out for display so that the other would know, but we wanted to save it for something really serious. When we opened the candle, we just knew that this would be our symbol. To this day, we have not lit the wick.
6. VINTAGE GUEST BOOK from Natalie and Tim. Our wedding guests signed the book and from time to time I read it. I love the comments and well wishes from our family and friends.
7. WEDDING video "produced" and "directed" by my uncle Jeff. We watched it again a few years ago and I loved being able see us take our vows from a "bird's eye" view. I was so nervous that day and it seemed to go by so quickly, it really helped to take the time to watch it on video. I treasure that we have these memories captured forever - on VHS, no less. We currently have only 4 VHS tapes including our wedding video a sign of the times, I guess.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wedding Gifts to Cherish
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 5:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment