BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Here's What You Missed On The Adventures of the Gourleys Part 1 - 2010...


So, I've been on little hiatus. I've returned to the workforce and I'm sorry to say that I have neglected my blog. With that said, here's what you missed at the end of 2010, all of 2011 and a little bit of 2012 (to be broken down in three separte posts)....Here's part 1...

August 2010
We tried to teach Reese how to ride her bike. She's dressed for the part, but was done with the whole process after about 2.2 minutes.


I traveled to Chicago with Aidan and Reese for my friend Sonya's mother's funeral.
When we arrived I was blindsided to find that one of my childhood memories,Santa's Village

is now a dump (since our visit, it has had a makeover and reopened).
Reese hugging the candy cane


Aidan & Reese
We spent time with Colette while we were in Chicago.
On my way to Mrs. Schuster's wake, I was stung by a team of bumble bees in the tush and thigh. I screamed like a little girl and most likely terrified both of my children. I was in my uncle Jeff and aunt Jill's driveway when the incident happened and a bee duplex was later discovered in the area.


Sonya was kind enough to let us stay at her apartment while we were in town. She is just amazing that way. I know her mom was proud of the amazing person that she is. Mrs. Schuster's service was beautiful and I feel so blessed to have been able to be there with the Schuster family to celebrate her life.


We took advantage of city living for a few days and played at the local park and walked along the lakefront. How I miss city living.

Aidan started school. Could his backpack be any bigger?


I enjoyed exactly three weeks of alone time with Reese until I became employed.
Reese at Fuddruckers

Reese checking out the retro oven at The Cakery

Cake tasting at The Cakery with Amy
In the short time that we were Ladies Who Lunch, we dined at such establishments like Fuddruckers, Red Robin, and the Cakery. It was fun while it lasted.

My father in law saw his dream come true of building a very large garage to store all of his toys (i.e. tools, cars, projects). We went to Tennessee to celebrate.
The FIL in his garage

September 2010
We went to the Balloon Glow in Forest Park. It's become an annual thing for our family and I hope it continues to be.


Aidan and Reese joined the YMCA Soccer Team. Their jerseys were more like dresses and they were pretty exhausted 3/4 of the way through each practice. Reese laid claim to the only pink ball in the mix and didn't want to share it with the other girls.
Reese & Aidan

Reese is on the left guarding her pink ball

October 2010
My best friend Jennifer tied the knot in San Diego and Daryl and I took the trip sans children. It was such a fun wedding and I feel so blessed to have been there standing beside my best friend while she took her vows. She married an amazing man and gained two great Step-Kids. Here's a quick pic of the wedding, but I will need to devote a whole post to the wedding because it was that amazing.
Mr. & Mrs. Clark


Darth Vader and Princess Leia went old school trick-or-treating at our friends Shawn and Patrick's mother's neighborhood. This was the first time that they've done traditional trick-or-treating - ringing the doorbell, shouting "Trick-Or-Treat!," etc. Aidan learned a song at school and for about the first dozen houses, he would sing his tune and everyone thought it was cute, but he got tired of it and realized quickly that he would get the candy with or without the little jingle, so he dropped it. His friend Carson was dressed as a pirate and told the same pirate joke over and over... "How much did the pirate pay for his earrings?... A buck an ear!" We all laughed and it got funnier each time because to the kids each house was a new victim for the joke and the jingle.
Carson


Darth Vader (Aidan), Daryl, Shanna & Princess Leia (Reese)

The Playgroup

I filtered through the candy when we got home (which really means I pulled out the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for myself), gave some to the kids and packed the bulk of it and brought it to my office the next day. It was devoured in no time flat.


November 2010
I took a girls trip back to my homeland, The Big Apple. I met my girls, Sonya and Colette there to celebrate Colette's new life in New York City. It was an amazing weekend! I was able to see so many of my dear friends that I've missed so much!


Shanna & Holly at Chelsea Market







 Reunited with my friend Holly for the first time in 4 years! We met up at our old hangout, the Chelsea Market for Chelsea Thai. Oh, delicious Thai food, how I've missed you.

My girls Sonya and Colette
I treated Sonya to cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery. Oh, how I missed that sweet cupcake!


Sonya and I on our way to the airport. Don't let my smile fool you, I was so sad to leave.

The shirts I brought back for Aidan and Reese.


My very talented friend, Nikki Savory took our holiday photos this year.




Thanksgiving Day Parade. Best seats ever this year!! We spent the morning with the Starks and were later joined by the Prestons. We had to leave the parade early to get all of the Thankgiving goodies in the oven.
Best seats ever!

We were invited to the Roam's house for Thanksgiving dinner. We were treated to delicious food and fantastic fall decorations the hostest with the mostest, Rebecca Roam.
My pumpkin pie
December 2010
Tree lighting in Kiener Plaza and meeting Santa. We met the Prestons for dinner at Hooters, a Gourley family favorite. The Rappaports joined us at Macy's.
Hooters dinner

watching the Nutcracker at Macy's
Reese, Daryl, Jenn, Abe & Jude

Aidan is telling Santa everything he wants for Christmas.

Maybe next year Reese will not cry on Santa's lap.

mailing our letters to Santa

Reese, Aidan and Abe waiting for their balloon animals.
Breakfast with Santa at Macy's with The Stark and the Pokojski Families

our group

What I asked Santa for

The kids were very involved in the decorating of the Christmas tree this year.

NYC taxi cab. Great memory for 2010. We spent Christmas in New York this year.

The finished product
My very favorite ornament. The Little Brown Bag ornament. I bought it at the 59th Street Bloomingdale's in 1999, my first year in New York City.


My assistants

The kids love the mini carts at Trader Joe's

Shopping for Latkes for Chanukkah at Trader Joe's. I detest going to Trader Joe's, but I must have my Latkes and I refuse to make them homemade (the house will smell like frying potatoes and onions for days).

The best Christmas present ever....family trip to New York City!!!
Reese's was convinced that she knew the right way to go.


At Bloomies with my girl. She loved the Kate Spade and Burberry departments. Like mother, like daughter.
How real men eat pizza

An even better Christmas present... 3 extra days in New York thanks to a mega blizzard.

The streets on the Upper East Side

We arrived back in St. Louis just in time for New Years. Unfortunately due to my lack of appropriate waterproof winter footwear, I caught the mother of all colds while we were in New York. Completely worth it! 

Goodbye 2010, hello 2011...


1 comments:

evie said...

So great to read your update!!! 2010 seems like so long ago.