BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vandalism Doesn't Pay

On a recent lunch date with our friends Evie and Noah, I was in the process of getting Reese strapped into her car seat and I asked Aidan to wait on the sidewalk for me. After getting Reese safely in her car seat, I called for Aidan to get into his. On the way from the sidewalk to the car seat he told me that he wrote letters on the window so that people would know to go to that store and he pointed to the Radio Shack in front of our parking space. I smiled and nodded half-paying attention to what he was telling me until the words were actually absorbed into my brain. HUH? YOU DID WHAT?

I looked over at the Radio Shack window and sure enough, there were Aidan's hieroglyphics written in red crayon. I asked Aidan to step out of the car and I grabbed a few baby wipes. Evie looked on wondering what we were up to. She was shaking her head and laughing, knowing it's always good times with the Gourleys.

I walked Aidan up to the window and asked him to wipe off the crayon. I made it clear to him that we do not draw on windows. I held back my own laughter, because let's face it, this was funny.



I will say that the baby wipe is the one tool that I cannot live without. It can clean anything including crayon off the window of a Radio Shack.

After Aidan got the crayon off the window, we walked into the store to speak to the manager. The manager came up to me and asked if she could help me. I said, "No thank you, but my friend would like to speak to you."

With his head down, Aidan mumbled, "I'm sorry I drew on your window." The manager looked at me for translation. I asked Aidan to repeat himself and to look at the manager. He repeated himself and received a "thank you" from the manager and we left the store.

I got Aidan in the car and looked over at Evie who was still laughing and I shook my head and laughed too. Crazy kids!

2 comments:

evie said...

The "Shanna Gourley" lessons are the best, most creative, and the funniest to watch. Glad I was there to witness!

evie said...

I'm taking notes...