
We spent the day at the Planetarium. It is attached to the Science Center, but we usually never cross the bridge over to the Planetarium because we must check in on the dinosaurs every time we visit the Science Center. There is a triceratops and a t-rex on the lower level that got in a quarrel and the t-rex won (shocker). The triceratops is bleeding, but still breathing. Aidan wants to check on these guys every single time we visit. Yes, they are still there, yes the guy is still breathing. It would take a very large Batman Bandaid to help this guy.
Anywho... after checking on triceratops, we met Jenn, Abe and Jude and then made our way over to the Planetarium. The kids played for a very long time on this rocket and then in the shuttle elevator. We got tickets to a show and then crossed the bridge again for a snack. Our plan was to snack, see our show and then head over to McDonald's. Even the best plans do not always turn out exactly the way you plan them.
We ran into our friends the McGowans during our snack. I held my friend Erin's new baby and took in as much "new baby" smell as I could possibly handle before I would want one of my own. It's funny how tiny a new baby feels after picking up 20 and 30 pound kids. When I picked the baby up, I felt like I could have tossed her across the room, by mistake of course because I picked her up with the same force I use to pick up Reese.
Our ever growing group headed back to the Planetarium for the show and then found the play area with the Legos. Between Erin, Jenn and I we have enough Legos at home to build a small village, but here we were playing with them at the Planetarium. We stayed for while and had to leave because the kids were starting to blow up.
Erin & Company stayed for another show, Jenn backed out of the McDonald's plan and I started to head home. Then I changed my mind. I am no match for the beckoning call of McDonald's french fries and Coke (Coca-Cola just tastes different at McD). On my way to McD, Rebecca called me. She was downtown and wanted directions to the nearest McD. She ended up meeting me and we enjoyed our snack together. She couldn't stay long because she had to get back to work. I let the kids play on the jungle gym and then we headed home.
All this fun secured me a very long naptime. What a day!
Crossing the bridge to the Planetarium.
Reese & Aidan fighting over the telescope
The cutouts on the bridge look down to US Highway 64/40.
Jude checking out the traffic below.
Our crew on the shuttle elevator.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Fly me to the moon...
Posted by Shanna Gourley at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
what a day!
Post a Comment